Monday, February 18, 2013

Touched by a quote

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness."
I used to write down quotes from books as I was reading them. I am not sure why I stopped or why I don't do that anymore. Maybe because now more often than not you just have to google a book and tons of quotes fall out. I know that the possibility of it being the same quote you loved isn't that great but I still don't do it. Anymore. Which is why finding these post-its is such a refreshment. I find them and they're attached to the exact page of the book where the quote is from. So I can read the context. Which makes it crispier.
So this particular quote was chosen from a book I had bought and read in Thailand so I guess it has an even sweeter taste. This is from Chuck Palahniuk's Diary. I have fond memories of this weird and strange book. And it makes me wonder why I don't write down all those little bits and pieces that make me gasp or well up or just plain shut the book and put it away?... I guess time took a toll on all such little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...